In his article in Financial Planning, Craig Faulkner describes 5 trending marketing strategies advisors should consider using to reach new clients next year:
- Share your unique narrative of how and why you got into the business. This is more compelling than listing your degrees and work history because it tells a better story. Use content, videos and images on your website to show visitors who you are.
- Use anonymous client case studies to describe how you have helped them solve a problem or overcome an obstacle. Real world situations are very effective at illustrating the power of financial guidance.
- Share your blog content with multiple social media sites to give it more exposure and drive more traffic to your website. Use your articles in newsletters, post on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter and repurpose them into a Slideshare presentation.
- Focus on one or two social media platforms instead of jumping on as many as possible. For example, use LinkedIn if you cater to professionals or Facebook if you work with pre-retirees and families.
- Maximize your use of local business listings. The more directories that include your listing, the easier it will be to find you. You’re also more likely to appear higher in search results.
In addition to using these marketing strategies to reach new clients next year, it is also important to keep track of what works and adjust your marketing strategies accordingly.